Not all of us are fortunate enough to live in a city like Naples, Fla., which has more than 70 dedicated pickleball courts. Fortunately, Pickleball Construction continues. And fast. Within the past two months, at least six major pickleball complexes have opened in the United States:
- 16 courts at E.P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park in Louisville, Ky.
- 8 courts at Ray Lawrence Park in Clarksville, Ind.,
- 12 courts in Doylestown, Pa.
- 10 courts at The Hawk Community Center in Farmington Hills, Mich.
- 15 courts at the Newnan, Ga., House of Pickleball, and
- 8 courts at Riverside Park in Moline, Ill.
And many, many more courts are on the way:
- A massive sports complex called Legacy Sports Park in Mesa, Arizona, will include 40 pickleball courts;
- The Pickle Bar in Summerville, S.C., is scheduled to open in fall 2022;
- The Electric Pickle, a 3-acre, 10,000-square-foot pickleball complex, will break ground in Las Vegas by the end of 2022;
- A Prescott, Ariz., multi-sport complex that will include 24 indoor pickleball courts, is scheduled to open December 1, 2021;
- 12 outdoor courts are expected to open in summer 2022 at Pacawa Park in Plover, Wisc.;
- Atascadero, Calif., is building four outdoor courts in Colony Park; and
- Marysville, Washington, recently broke ground on eight new outdoor courts at Jennings Park.