Sports icons Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Romo, Jason Kidd, Tyler Seguin and John Isner will join some of the PPA Tour's top talent in a celebrity pickleball tournament during the 2023 Biofreeze USA Pickleball National Championships.
The Celebrity Pickleball Showdown will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, November 7 at Brookhaven Country Club in Dallas, kicking off professional-level play at the event.
In case you're unfamiliar with some of these names...
- Inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2023
- Played 21 seasons with the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks and won a title in 2011
- 14-time NBA All-Star
- Named the League MVP in 2007
- Four-time Pro Bowl quarterback
- 14-year NFL career with the Dallas Cowboys
- Currently serves as the lead color analyst for CBS Sports
- 10-time NBA All-Star
- Head coach of the Mavericks
- Inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2018
- 8 of his 19 seasons as a player for Dallas, helping the Mavericks win a championship in 2011 alongside Nowitzki
- A 14-year NHL veteran with over 900 games experience
- Forward and alternate captain with the Dallas Stars
- Six-time All-Star helped the Boston Bruins win the Stanley Cup in 2011
- 16-time singles champion on the ATP Tour
- Reached a career-high ranking of No. 8 in the world
- Semi-finalist at Wimbledon in 2018
Tickets for the Celebrity Pickleball Showdown are available here.
2023 Nationals highlights
If a celebrity pickleball tournament wasn't enough, Nationals has other big plans for this year's event.
- A Guinness World Record attempt for Largest Pickleball match
- Dozens of musical acts including American Idol winner Phillip Phillps and local sensations Le Freak
- Beer gardens, music venues, culinary immersions, tasting rooms, interactive games, kid-friendly activities
- Customizable merchandise, premium viewing platforms
- “Pickleball Boulevard” at Nationals to create the world’s biggest pickleball party, according to a PPA announcement
Over 3,500 amateur and professional players will compete at Nationals on 65-plus courts for the biggest prize purse in the event's history.
Over 20,000 attendees are expected to spectate the event.